Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod 2019

May 12, 2019 — 37 Comments

I am looking forward to my performance at this year’s Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod on Tuesday 2nd of July as a guest of the renowned International Tenor Rolando Villazón. The evening’s gala concert is to be accompanied by the British Sinfonietta Orchestra conducted by James Hendry, also starring is the famous Welsh lyric soprano, Rhian Lois. If you have never been to the International Musical Eisteddfod in Llangollen I can heartily recommend it, whether you intend to compete in one of the many categories or just come to enjoy the beautiful singing, fabulous dancing, or the joyous multicultural atmosphere that permeates around the Pavillion and throughout the Town during the festival.

The event is best described on their website:
Every summer since 1947 Llangollen has staged one of the world’s most inspirational cultural festivals. Each year around 4,000 performers and as many as 50,000 visitors converge on this beautiful small Welsh town and its International Pavilion; to sing and dance in a unique combination of competition, performance, and international peace and friendship.

The International Pavilion, Llangollen

Llangollen’s place in world music is now immutable. Since its inaugural year in 1947 more than 300,000 competitors from over 100 nationalities have performed enthusiastically on the Llangollen stage. In 1955 a young Luciano Pavarotti sang in the choir from his home town of Modena, conducted by his father. The choir won first prize in the Male voice choir competition. Pavarotti returned for a spectacular concert in 1995.”

“Margot Fonteyn, Alicia Markova, Joan Sutherland, Angela Gheorghiu, Kiri Te Kanawa, Jehudi Menuhin, José Carreras, Lesley Garrett, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins, Dennis O’Neil, James Galway, Nigel Kennedy, Elaine Paige, Michael Ball, and Montserrat Caballé are among the musical stars that have appeared in our concerts. Placido Domingo confesses that his first professional engagement in the United Kingdom was at the 1968 International Eisteddfod.

The River Dee and the Town’s Railway Station

If you want to come along to the Eisteddfod you can buy tickets from the
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod website.

Just to let you know that if you want to come along to watch Waterperry Opera Festival’s production of Mansfield Park this year that although they have increased the number of performances the tickets are selling fast so don’t leave it too long to book or you may be disappointed.

Finally, I am thinking about changing the header picture on my FaceBook page to the one below, please let me know what you think 🙂

37 responses to Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod 2019

Sounds like a wonderful event.

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 7:59 pm

It is a beautiful location and great fun, I always enjoy visiting.

All my best wishes,

Charlotte, I like your second picture. Wish that I could see this!!!
    All my best wishes, Darlene

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:00 pm

The Mansfield Park photographs are lovely, they are taken by a photographer called Robert Workman http://www.robertworkman.co.uk/ and I have kind permission of the Waterperry Opera Festival directors to use them. I wish you could see it too, I think you would enjoy the Eisteddfod Gala and the Mansfield Park ballroom.

Is that a picture of you in the poster? That is a good one. I really like it.

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Yes, it is me in profile with the beautiful Sarah Anne Champion who is my sister ‘Julia’ in the production and just a fabulous woman in real life.

Amritpal Singh May 13, 2019 at 4:50 am

Good morning beautiful day

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Good morning Amritpal, it is indeed a beautiful day. Glasgow is just lovely when the sun shines.

Oh my, you and Jane Austen! I could not possibly resist. How wonderful!

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Please don’t resist, come along how long as it been since your last visit to England 😊 hehe? It’s a shame we can’t all come to your neck of the woods.

How exciting Charlotte.
    We cannot wait for these two dates..
    I especially love the Eisteddfod it’s a fabulous venue,it’s a amazing week,
    Lots to see as well as lots of entertainment.
    Looking forward to seeing your performance on Gala night.😘😘

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:02 pm

I’m so pleased you are both making the journey again and staying over too, let’s keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

I love Llangollen and during the festival it really buzzes. So looking forward to the concert Charlotte. We’ll have our cream tea this time😋

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Yes, glad to hear you’re staying over again, time for cream tea although I don’t eat cream too close to singing so we’ll have to do elevenses instead.

Looking forward to seeing you, my best wishes

Wow, great very interesting, thanks a lot Charlotte – Yes, it’s a nice pict for your facebook. Have a great week, best thoughts for you !

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Thank you, I was thinking of your rainbow voice and wanted to show a bit of variety. Some characters I’ve played like Frasquita in Carmen, The Plaintiff in Trial by Jury and Gretel in Hansel and Gretel I don’t have good photographs. Did you take one of me on stage dressed as ‘Eve’?

Rev, Tim George May 13, 2019 at 1:26 pm

May the Lord bless you in Llangollen to sing to the glory of God. May the Lord bless your Mother for raising such a Blessed daughter.

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Thank you for your lovely Mother’s Day message for my Mum she is always there for me and I am grateful for her every day. I will be hoping for a good performance for the audience.

Eberhard Herold May 13, 2019 at 2:19 pm

I think it’s just a lovely new header… showing you in a most intriguing, fascinating role in one of Jane Austen’s wonderful, playful and sophisticated inventions… it makes one anxious to watch your performance live in situ… :)))) I wish you much success and I hope everybody is having a good time…!

Charlotte Hoather May 13, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Thank you I’m glad you like it. That is just the temptation I’m trying to create 😊. That is all a performer can hope for, that everyone has a good time.

I like the new header very much.
    I adored my time in Llangollen when my school choir took part in the International Festival so many years ago; it is a memory that will stay with me forever. I wish you very well with your performance there in just a few weeks time and wish I could be there too.
    I am also pleased that there is a re-run of Mansfield Park. New operas need to be performed as much as possible!

Peter Alexander May 15, 2019 at 4:22 am

You are having such wonderful adventures! I envy you the way your career is getting under way. This sounds wonderful, and I only wish that I lived close enough to attend some of these performances! All best wishes, Charlotte, at Llangollen and Waterperry house.

Charlotte Hoather May 22, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Oh Peter thank you I wish you could come to attend too. Ask your local opera company to hire me and I’ll be there in a flash 😄.

I’ve been refreshing my memory for my role as Maria Bertram to reprise in July and whilst I’m in Scotland once I felt secure with my current roles in the Pop Up operas I’ve started to prepare for the role of Hero in Much Ado About Nothing, whilst trying to keep on top of my Llangollen preparations.

I’ve just started the pop up performances for outreach and education last week in a care home which was just fabulous, I loved talking to the residents afterwards and hearing how much they enjoyed the performance. Today was 3 performances to school children, just absolutely one of my favourite audiences, one little girl held my hand nearly throughout Puffy McPuffer and the Crabbit Canals, I’m a p p p p puffin 🐧 it’s so well devised they loved it and my fellow cast members are just great fun.

Can’t wait for the Llangollen festival – we’ll be there!

Charlotte Hoather May 22, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I’m so excited you’re going to be there I could pop!
      If you’ve time we must have a tea break together as I’d love to see you both.

I like the mansfield picture for your fb page but I also like the dramatic black dress one next to it. Good luck with the Jane Austen and the Llangollen festival I’m sure you will have a ball xx

Charlotte Hoather May 22, 2019 at 7:13 pm

I was first witch in Dido and Aeneas for the RCS Opera School the original cast member had to pull out and I stepped in. It was a great production we had students from the ballet school in it, a real collaboration.

Your life is an exciting festival of beautiful music. I learn so much whenever I visit here. Now I know about Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod. I adore the Mansfield Park poster, and your new strip header for FB is a good idea. It shows off your versatility, which I think makes you more valuable, as a performer.
    You add beauty to “wit and ingenuity” ❦❦

Charlotte Hoather May 22, 2019 at 7:09 pm

You would love Llangollen and the Eisteddfod, the colours and beauty of the place is just fantastic. I’m going to change the Facebook header now I’d forgotten to change it after all that lol. You are too kind 💕 but don’t stop because I love it 🥰.