WOF Instagram Takeover

July 21, 2019 — 52 Comments

Last Wednesday I was asked to take over the Instagram Story for Waterperry Opera Festival on behalf of the Mansfield Park Cast and Creatives. This was all a little new to me as my experience of Instagram was limited to my once a week post linked to my blog.

But undaunted I roped in the help of my good friend Hanah Crerar who is a whiz with Instagram Stories and she explained how they worked and what works best. For those of you unfamiliar with Instagram and their Story feature it allows the user to post short video segments which are only available for 24 hours.

As the day progressed everyone on the team got involved and we managed to get several little snippets recorded. Here are some of the ones that I managed to save, a little bit of cheesy fun to share with you all. All in our very best Jane Austin accents of course.

We have sold out on the 25th and 28th August but there a still a few tickets left for the 26th and 27th August if you are able to join us

52 responses to WOF Instagram Takeover

Looks terrific, Charlotte.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Thanks, John, we performed our last show yesterday, you get a bit of post-show blues when you’ve got on well with everyone and have been living with them for a week, luckily I’m knee-deep in the finishing touches of learning my next two roles this week.

Cute intros.

Wow !!! Great work, bravo Charlotte, très beau travail !! Meilleurs pensées pour toi ma chère !!!!

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Thank you, Pascal, Merci Beaucoup. I was quite nervous doing an Instagram takeover but I’m glad it went off ok after a shaky start with no sound on the first podcast because I’d muted the phone as I was in rehearsal hehe.

Timothy Price July 21, 2019 at 9:08 pm

I don’t have Instagram, so Instgram stories are new to me. However, I love all these shorts. So much fun. Everyone is so vibrant and happy. You are quite an expressive bride to be.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Instagram stories were new to me too, it’s amazing what being dropped in the deep-end does to help you learn how to float haha. I have a new skill now, just need to find time to use it 😊.

I think these days IG is the trend.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:40 pm

My friend Hannah is a bit of a whiz on Instagram thank goodness she gave me some tips!

How fun is this?! Best of luck for the festival! 🙂

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:40 pm

Thank you I had my last show yesterday afternoon luckily the good summer weather lasted through to the last show because it was bucketing down with rain all the drive home.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Thanks, Annette. We had a great week on-site, the performances all went great. I shared a room with two lovely women and made new friends so lots of hard work and fun.

Love the Photos! Have a great time in your sold out performances!!!
    This looks like a lot of fun! Darlene

Eberhard Herold July 22, 2019 at 12:45 am

Isht pretty cool and purdy, man! Me likes the accent! :))))

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:41 pm

I’m working on my Southern English accent it’s much posher 😊. My Mum said she thought it was sticking when she took me out for tea after the show hehe.

I like the you Mum took you out for TEA , yum!!!!!

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Hi Darlene, It’s a shame we couldn’t fit more seats in the ballroom but it is also fun to work so closely with an audience and involve people in the show.

Amritpal Singh July 22, 2019 at 6:02 am

Good morning have nice day

Very exciting Charlotte.
    Love the photo’s,I hope you have a great 3 days at Mansfield park.xx

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Thank you. We had four days of shows at the Waterperry Festival, they were all fab. See you soon.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:42 pm

We had a really good laugh, outside of rehearsals too a lovely bunch of people, we even got in a few games of cricket.

You continue to amaze me. I don’t use Instagram generally (following only one friend and a ballet project – both just for photos) but I’ll have to add you. I’m sure Mansfield Park will be great.

I’m not on an social media outside of the blog, so I thank you for giving us these intros!

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Usually GP I just share my blog posts on my other social media and read and like other people’s posts when I get the chance but I did enjoy learning more about an Instagram takeover.

The intros are very beautiful and also reflect the wonderful atmosphere that is there. I wish you much success and fun, in this exciting time for you.
    Many greetings from the heat-plagued Ludwigsburg (tomorrow we have here 35 C°).
    Arndt

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Great! I’m glad the atmosphere came over, I would be having post show blues today after such a hectic two weeks but I’m really busy preparing for my next projects. I hope you’re managing to keep cool in those temperatures. I’ve returned to my parents in the North West of England and it’s definitely cooler and wetter up here.

I can well understand that after strenuous and stimulating weeks, there is a need to relax. Sometimes I feel that way. At the moment I am under steam and sometimes I have the feeling to take time for some good old friends in all the hustle and bustle, that’s important. I have an old friend (he is 73 years old), he had a serious accident through no fault of his own, was seriously injured. I also visited him at the Intesivstation and hardly to believe we made jokes there. He always speaks in a Swabian dialect (South German dialect) when he speaks, I as a Rhinelander speak High German and can also understand the Low German, the dialect of my grandfather (related to Dutch). We have our fun entertaining. That ground you, as we say in German, you should not forget it beside all the stress. But to be honest, after all these weeks I feel the need to fly somewhere (I’ve actually seen many places worldwide, from South America to East Asia), my favorite is Lisbon in September to visit the old town and listen to the fado music. Let’s see if it will be something.

Arndt

Thank you for saving these fun intros and memes, Charlotte! I hope the rehearsals are going well. Clare xx

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:47 pm

The shows went really well Clare, it was great having four shows this year. I’ve got my next set of rehearsals starting next week so I’m studying away on my last week pre-preparations for Hero in Much Ado About Nothing. I also got a great opportunity to interview David Ward at Northern Opera Group for a blog post about the Company and their upcoming production.

Happy to see you will be a Instagram success, just like you are an Opera success. May the Lord bless you richly my Beloved.

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Well I don’t know about success, I was just glad to get through it in one day and not leave anyone out.

jorgekafkazar July 25, 2019 at 2:42 am

Much fun!

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Much fun was had by all. It is a lovely festival with everyone working hard to make a success of it.

Instagram should be very appreciative of that short promo clip. Real cool. 🙂

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Thank you, Arti, my first foray into recording clips like that. I think people think I know what I’m doing with social media when I’m really just bumbling along hehe, shhh.

This looks such fun!

Charlotte Hoather July 29, 2019 at 8:50 pm

I think you would have both enjoyed it Hilary. On to Leeds next 🙂

Really liked the videos

……oh ..my ..gosh. They’re suppose to marry in November? Hmm. This isn’t going well. lol. Someone please tell him this isn’t going well. 🙂 At all. …perhaps, she could gradually fall for him over time…

This is one very fun post!!! Thank you!