As The Clocks Rollback

October 27, 2019 — 58 Comments

The weather is changing and you can feel that Winter is approaching. The heavens opened yesterday morning just as we were preparing to leave for our concert in Warrington. But undeterred, umbrella in hand we set off in good time to make it to the concert.

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Bold Street Methodist Church was a lovely venue and we were made to feel very welcome by the organisers of the concert, Brian, Irina, Sharon, and Dianne who had arranged the event with the support of WACIDOM.

Brian, Irina, George, Me, Sharon, and Dianne

The organisation supports many young artists, both singers, and instrumentalists and I have been proud to be associated with them since 2012.

The audience was so appreciative of the programme that George and I performed, and we were thrilled that so many people made the trip into Warrington to watch us especially considering the inclement weather.

Me with Jake and George After The Concert

Jake came along to our concert and is a regular supporter of the WACIDOM concert series and is a student of music himself. It was such a treat to have such an enthusiastic and supportive friend in the audience.

Following our performances of Romeo & Juliet for Arcadian Opera, last weekend in Stowe, we have kindly been given permission to share some of the photographs taken by James Gribble, who also played Mercutio. I hope the pictures give you a real flavour of the production. 🙂

58 responses to As The Clocks Rollback

I have to say, the photos are stunning. When I close my eyes, I imagine that I am one of those enjoying a performance of yours and my heart smiles!

We have sunny, cool very dry weather right now. Great photographs. They capture the sense of the performance very well.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:29 pm

It has been bright, quite dry and sunny since Sunday so it was just unfortunate, although many brave music lovers ventured out on the flooded roads. I miss everyone from the production I’m hoping to meet up when back in London.

You look gorgeous, and everyone is amazing! Such a fabulous experience. I have missed you Charlotte, I hope your tours are going well!

Magnifique, bravo à tout les deux !!! Super photorama (the french name) !!! wish you te best .

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:30 pm

That you, I like that word ‘photorama’. I’m staying at my parents for a couple of days preparing and refreshing our penultimate ‘The Fire of Olympus’ in Stoke (The Midlands of the Country) wish you could have seen it, hopefully they will release the film.

How wonderful Charlotte!

Glad you had a good concert yesterday, despite the pouring rain. Cool you could share the photos of Romeo and Juliet – looks like a great production.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:31 pm

We got fabulous feedback for Romeo and Juliet and our concert in Warrington went down a treat, I’ve been working on programming in preparation for three concerts and I was pleased it worked, just a couple of tweaks.

We were lucky enough to see both of these shows,last weekend in Buckingham playing Juliet,you were amazing it was a fabulous production.
    Yesterday’s recital with George in Warrington was beautiful.
    Your singing and George’s playing were brilliant Congratulations on both events.
    See you in Stoke on Wednesday, for The fire of Olympus.xx

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Very excited to try your lobby for lunch tomorrow. I’m really excited to perform nearby for you after all the traveling you’ve done.

See you soon,
      Charlotte x

Fabulous photos, Charlotte. I wish I could have been there.

It was a pleasure to meet yourself and George on Saturday. Both extremely talented people and your passion for the music shines out. You don’t just ‘sing/play’, you perform with such emotion that it connects to the audience on whole different level. The fact you also, after your performance, took time to spend it with the listeners, meant a lot! It has created lovely memories that will be cherished & has enabled a new appreciation of a genre of music that may not have been there before.
    So thank you for giving your time on what was, a very wet day!! All the very best to you both.

Charlotte Hoather October 28, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Lynsey, our thanks and best wishes to you both, it is so nice to meet such lovely genuine people that physically gave of themselves as an audience too, it made for a much enjoyed recital, and thank you for dropping by, please keep in touch.
      My very best wishes

Magnificent photos! Congratulations on your performance.

Some great pics. Thanks for sharing with us.👍👍

Looks like a very nice performance!

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Thank you, I missing being Juliet, but I’ve spent two days refreshing my Pandora role in preparation for tomorrow.

Finishing The Night Manager… I need Tom Hiddleston and the Cambridge bloke to do a wee bit of Othello or The Merchant of Venice.
    Medieval string instruments wouldn’t go astray either.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:35 pm

I’ve not seen much tv, I’ll have to try to catch some of The Night Manager on catchup if you recommend it. I’ve come to the conclusion that Shakespeare needs that bit of music to make it more enjoyable for me personally 😊.

Over here I used to go to Shakespeare in the park… actually I did some work on sound and light many years back in another lifetime but that is another story. I remember seeing 12th night and one of the actors playing a great lyre or lute. Probably wouldn’t try the same accompaniment to Othello.
        I like a lot of your TV. Ours is not nearly as good. Idris Elba is a favorite except for the whole fad of barracking for Arsenal thing that he is going through. 😝
        Good luck with the Mercury retrograde just starting ♏

Two very good but very different performances, I am sure most who claim not to know any Shakespeare can carry on (albeit briefly) after, ‘Romeo, Romeo, wherefore . . .’
    I hope your accomplishments were given full credit in the concert programme/introduction.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:35 pm

I still use the same biog that you helped me to precis, I’ll have to update it soon, I’ve got to start looking for work for next year now!

Thank you for all the photographs – it made me think I was there! What a beautiful Juliet you were! Only outdone by your voice! I’m so happy to see you growing and expanding your career.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Thank you Noelle, I wish you were here. I’ve been offered a Christmas role I can’t wait to tell everyone about soon, I’m very excited it’s a cute character.

Oh, what gorgeous costumes! Even in the still pictures, your acting skills come out brilliantly–wish I could have been there to hear you too! Keep moving onward and upward, Charlotte!

Best regards,

Cate

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Hi Cate, I’m being sent the poison bottle to keep as a reminder of the performance 😊. I’d have liked a couple of the trees for my new flat hehe.

The photographs are beautiful, Charlotte. Congratulations on your performances as Juliet for Arcadian Opera, and a wonderful concert, too!

Charlotte, you and George look great together….Romeo and Juliet we’re terrific…..
    So many wonderful pictures….Darlene

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Thank you Darlene, it’s great to have some photos to share. George was just marvelous helping me to get ready for the concert in a few days, rememorising old songs we’ve previously performed and some new arias.

Looks like you broke a leg. Congratulations.

Thank the Lord for his faithfulness in bringing seed time and harvest which provides hope for all mankind. May the Lord bless us as the time changes and your continued success my Beloved.

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:38 pm

I do count my blessings. I’m a glass half full person so I believe mankind will work through this time of divide and come out refreshed.

Bravi!!!! Super photos! My congratulations, dear Charlotte!

So happy to see the photos this time!
    Congrats on working on such amazing projects,too – the Methodists must be arranging stars for your crown in the hereafter!!
    Best wishes from across the pond, my friend

Charlotte Hoather October 29, 2019 at 5:39 pm

I hope so Sheila thank you for your happy wishes, it was a lovely supportive group of people, the church had great acoustics.

I don’t think I’ve seen you.. well, one of your Characters die in the Story. I’m not sure I could take watching that in the audience. I suppose Security would escort me out for trying to jump on Stage to bring your Character back to Life. Of course, I’d try to explain the situation to no avail. Anyhow, thank you for sharing all the photographs and I’m thrilled that everything went well. Cheers.

Beautiful gm have a nice day

The photographs of Romeo and Juliet are wonderful! You must have been so tired but exhilarated after the performances, Charlotte. I am pleased the concert went so well at the weekend despite the awful weather. I hope your Pandora reprieve went well, too.
    Clare xoxo

Hello Charlotte, the costumes and the strong horizontality did bring Paola Veronese’s Wedding at Cana to mind. He was from Verona after all. For sure, your performance was to die for.

Gioia, ciao e pioggia è tempo migliore per la risurrezione

I can get a real sense of it from the photos. And what wonderful lighting and costumes.

WOW! The pics are fabulous!
    I’m so happy you are Juliette!!!!!

Photos are fabulous Charlotte it all looks fantastic! Well done👏👏👏👏😘

Eberhard Herold November 8, 2019 at 1:25 pm

WOW° ! Gorgeous! Really very impressing! Chapeau! :))))